Saturday 4 August 2012

Little Girl's Bedroom

I hope you are having a great weekend! In between rushing to sport and work today my husband and I managed to finally take down the cot in our daughter's bedroom and put together an antique bed given to us by my gorgeous friend Lorraine. I saw the bed in her attic a while ago and she said it was "meant for Amelie when she moved from a cot to a bed". I absolutely love the mix of old and new and so I was very excited by Lorraine's generous offer. I bought some beautiful bed linen in the July sales and we had a mattress made to fit the bed, which is an old 3/4. Basically, it is the width of a king single but the length of a single. Perfect size for a growing toddler. 
The transformation has now begun, changing Amelie's room from a baby girl's room to a "big girl's" room. I've got a bit to do yet, including covering her toy box lid with the most divine linen fabric from Thea at Thea & Sami, but I thought I'd share a sneak peak anyway. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...