Saturday 22 November 2014

On the road...

 
This afternoon I'll be jumping in the car and driving back to my home town of Bordertown. It's my 20 year High School Reunion. The last 24 hours have been a bit of a revelation to me, you see I thought I was just going back to see my old school friends and catch up, but it seems that it is more than that for me. I'm trying to recall the last time I was 'home'... and I think it was when I was about 6 months pregnant, although I might be wrong. My memory of that time is all just a blur. That's now about 5 years ago. My brother died just over 5 years ago, and not long after that my parents moved to a house they had bought a few years earlier on the Fleurieu Peninsula to be closer to my sister-in-law and niece who were also grieving their devastating loss. A few months later the house I grew up in was up for rent and then eventually sold. So, this trip for me today will be a meaningful one, filled with memories of family, happiness, milestones, laughter and sadness. One that I need to do. xx

 
Image from mrs. french

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...